Motorcycle Insurance Claims

Motorcycle Insurance

In addition to providing financial protection, motorcycle insurance in Singapore is also required by law. All motorcycles on the road in Singapore must be insured, and failure to have a valid insurance policy can result in fines and other penalties.

Motorcycle insurance in Singapore also provides other important benefits, such as liability coverage. This type of coverage protects the motorcycle owner if they are found to be at fault in an accident and are sued by the other party.

Overall, motorcycle insurance in Singapore is essential for protecting both the financial and legal interests of motorcycle owners. It is a crucial investment for anyone who owns a motorcycle in Singapore.

Why do you need a motorcycle insurance?

Riding a motorcycle already comes with its own risks. But riding one without insurance coverage is downright irresponsible and could end up costing thousands of dollars in legal fees, medical fees, and property damage—not to mention the privilege of holding and obtaining a driver’s licence, and of course, jail time.

Motorbike Insurance Renewal

Our partners

Frequently Ask Questions

Yes. You need a separate policy for your motorcycle, one that lists it and any riders who might use it. This is of paramount importance, because according to Singapore road law, you cannot ride a motorbike without it.

Yes. However, you will not be able to ride your bike and you will need to lay up the motorcycle.

We are working with;

  • MSIG
  • NTUC

Yes. Whether you’re driving a car or motorbike, doing so without insurance is illegal in Singapore.

There are 3 types of coverage you can choose from, which are;

  1. Third Party Only
    • Death or injury to other parties
    • Damage to other parties' property
  2. Third Party Fire & Theft
    • Death or injury to other parties
    • Damage to other parties' property
    • Fire damage to, or theft of, your vehicle
  3. Comprehensive
    • Death or injury to other parties
    • Damage to other parties' property
    • Fire damage to, or theft of, your vehicle
    • Accidental damage to your vehicle
    • Windscreen damage
    • Damage arising from riot, strike and civil commotion
    • Personal accident cover (private car only)
    • Medical expenses (private car only)

You are required to report the accident to the local police. If your motorcycle is damaged or it is no longer safe for you to ride your motorcycle, we will assist to arrange towing services to bring your motorcycle back to Singapore.

The rider involved in the accident must report personally within 24 hours or the next working day, with a copy of his/her driving licence and NRIC, to any Accident Reporting Centre. The motorcycle must be present at the time of reporting.

Report the accident to your insurance company, after reporting  you may proceed to our workshop to file a third party claim

Typically the insurance claim would take approximately 1 - 3 months depending on various situations.